#5 General Tips to Make your Multiplex Experiments Easier
Plan your experiment to ensure you use consumables from a single lot.
Consistency is the key:
- Use low protein binding aliquot tubes to maintain consistent assay performance
- Dispense reagents using multichannel pipets
- Ensure you use a lab timer to improve time uniformity between incubation steps in the assay
- Use dilution tubes to prepare serial dilution
- Use reverse-pipetting technique to enhance liquid dispensing accuracy
- Incubate the reconstituted standards on ice for 30 min
- Resuspend beads thoroughly before removing desired volume
Prepare 25% excess when possible.
Always run your standards, blanks, and samples in duplicates or more.
Strepavidin-PE is light sensitive:
- Cover the plate with foil during shaking steps
- Store reagents protected from light
Use a 200–300 μl capacity pipet to remove beads from the stock tube to minimize volume loss. If necessary, perform the volume transfer in two steps.