1. We May Collect Personal Data When You Browse the Site
2. We Collect Personal Data When You Complete Online Forms
3. How We Use Personal Data You Provide
The Personal Data you provide through online collection forms may be used by Bio-Rad to provide you with the products, materials, and services you request, as well as:
- To improve, maintain, and protect our Site and to ensure that the content is relevant to your needs and preferences;
- To enable you to view the local list prices (available for selected countries) and post your comments on our bulletin boards;
- To respond to any other inquiries or requests that you might make;
- To notify you about updates to our Site;
- To conduct market, customer, and general business analysis for Bio-Rad’s internal use; and
- To improve and/or develop our products, materials, and services.
4. Categories of Recipients to Which Your Personal Data May Be Transmitted
5. Transfer to Recipients Outside of Your Home Country
6. Personal Data Storage
The Personal Data you provide to us is retained for the term reasonably necessary to process your requests as described herein; however, we may need to retain archival copies of Personal Data as required by applicable laws. In such cases, your Personal Data will be stored in a readable format only, so that no further processing activities may be conducted.
7. Bulletin Boards
Bio-Rad encourages you to share your comments and questions with us and other users at our bulletin boards; however, any material, information, or other communication that you post to a bulletin board as a “comment” will be considered nonconfidential and nonproprietary. Please do not post on any bulletin board any personally identifiable information or any other information that you wish to keep confidential.
8. We May Contact You
Email If you choose to register at our Site, we will request your explicit consent to receive emails from Bio-Rad. If you do not wish to receive emails from us, please leave the box unchecked. If you have given your consent to receive emails, each time we send you an email, it will give you the option to opt out of receiving future emails. No Ad Servers We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies and no third-party banner ads will appear on our website.
9. Your Right to Access and Rectify Your Personal Data
We maintain physical, technical, and organizational safeguards to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized or inappropriate access. Further, we always use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving Personal Data exchanged with our Site. Our servers hosting your Personal Data are located in California, USA.
This Site is not intended for persons under 18 years of age. However, we do offer certain classroom and teacher materials through our educational programs; teachers and their students may use this Site and the materials that we provide through our educational programs at their own discretion. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about children or minors, and we do not knowingly market our products or services to children or minors. Effective January 30, 2011